In my book, you can’t beat avocado on toast for breakfast and even better when there’s a poached egg on top ready to burst with an oozing yolk. Where my avocado creations always fill a hole, they never seem to come close to the heavenly plates of perfection created by AVO.
The AVO team are taking a break during lockdown meaning that many of us will have to dream of the day we next get our AVO fix – think again. The team at AVO have pulled together a recipe for one of their signature dishes Posh Chick Toast for you (and me) to recreate at home.
What you need:
- 1 slice of sourdough loaf (recommend using The Breadmaker)
- 4 thin slices of radish
- White truffle oil (for drizzling)
- 50g of cooked chicken thigh
- 10g parmesan cheese (shaved)
- 5g rocket leaves
- 2g each of black pepper, salt, black sesame seeds and chilli flakes
- 2g edible flowers
For the smashed avocado mix:
- 1 avocado (smashed)
- 75ml lime juice
- 15g chopped coriander
- 15g spring onion (diced)
- 10g fresh red chilli (diced)
How to make:
- Sear the chicken thighs in a shallow frying pan with the truffle oil, salt and pepper.
- Toast the sourdough.
- Add all the ingredients for the avocado mix to a bowl and mix together. Layer onto the sourdough and add a pinch of black sesame seeds and chilli flakes.
- Place on the chicken, radish slices, parmesan shavings and follow with a drizzling of white truffle oil over the top.
- Place the rocket leaves on top and garnish with black pepper and the edible flowers.
Let’s see how you get on with this one. Take a picture of your creation and tag @thefoodhooveruk and @avoabz on Instagram and Facebook.
Looking for more recipe inspiration? Sign up to The Food Hoover mailing list and there may be a recipe edit coming next week.
Keeps safe and eat well!