In my book, you can’t beat avocado on toast for breakfast and even better when there’s a poached egg on top ready to burst with an oozing yolk. Where my avocado creations always fill a hole, they never seem to come close to the heavenly plates of perfection created by AVO.
The AVO team are taking a break during lockdown meaning that many of us will have to dream of the day we next get our AVO fix – think again. The team at AVO have pulled together a recipe for one of their signature dishes Posh Chick Toast for you (and me) to recreate at home.
What you need:
- 1 slice of sourdough loaf (recommend using The Breadmaker)
- 4 thin slices of radish
- White truffle oil (for drizzling)
- 50g of cooked chicken thigh
- 10g parmesan cheese (shaved)
- 5g rocket leaves
- 2g each of black pepper, salt, black sesame seeds and chilli flakes
- 2g edible flowers
For the smashed avocado mix:
- 1 avocado (smashed)
- 75ml lime juice
- 15g chopped coriander
- 15g spring onion (diced)
- 10g fresh red chilli (diced)
How to make:
- Sear the chicken thighs in a shallow frying pan with the truffle oil, salt and pepper.
- Toast the sourdough.
- Add all the ingredients for the avocado mix to a bowl and mix together. Layer onto the sourdough and add a pinch of black sesame seeds and chilli flakes.
- Place on the chicken, radish slices, parmesan shavings and follow with a drizzling of white truffle oil over the top.
- Place the rocket leaves on top and garnish with black pepper and the edible flowers.
Looking for more recipe inspiration? Sign up to The Food Hoover mailing list and there may be a recipe edit coming next week.
Keeps safe and eat well!